Friday, April 6, 2012

Cockblocked

We live in a world of twisted perceptions, cruel intentions and hidden agendas.  Someone out there right around the corner is holding a rusty vicious knife after flashing a kind and friendly smile at you. They wait for you to turn your back for them to eviscerate you by surprise to no ends. It’s fine, we’ve been living in a world like that for the longest time and we deserve to get hurt if we haven’t learned our lessons yet. But sometimes one might find a way to liberate them freeing themselves from all the hypocrisy and pretenses of being pretentious. Few people succeed while a lot succumb and sulk to a non-verbal solace, which is causing them to collapse from within. Good thing I refuse to shut up.

As we’ve learned in the past, motivations can drive a person to do great things, hard things, and impossible and unthinkable things. Regardless of their motives’ benevolence, they act under the condition, a machination that operates them as a whole is still anchored somewhere externally. Once this external motivation is modified, changed or taken away, a phenomenon happens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockblock

It’s an interfering behavior preventing someone to the endgame.  Chances are, whether it’s a hot girl at school or the position in the office that you’ve been gunning after you’ve been cockblocked at least once in your life. But here’s the question, is being cockblocked a good thing or a bad thing?
I don’t recall how many times I’ve said that I’m not a saint, it is my selfish human nature to want something and get something so long as the conditions have been met. It’s a logic that I live by.

I can hear the superego moral whispering words of admonition to my head that I should use the opportunity of being cockblocked to learn from myself, on how do I respond in a situation of cockblockerry. Do I crumble down and take my show on the road where there won’t be any cockblocking or do I rise above the adversity of the temporary predicament I’ve been situated upon?

On most parts, the superego is right, but on the dim lit moon outside his utopian world is the raw human emotion side of me that demands rectification. Because I deserve it!

Here’s a real-life cockblock sitatution.

When you’ve been working for as long as I have been you might get that itch of just getting a supercharged internet connection at home, which we already did. All I wanted to do is play Street Fighter X Tekken on the PSN and my internet connection has been cockblocking me. This is unintentional because my ISP can’t do anything about it, but still I’m left cockblocked.

YES, you deliver the speed. YES, you deliver the consistency but this isn’t what you’ve coerced me to believe! The speed is unacceptable to the ONLY ACTIVITY that spells the difference between winning and losing a game.

The analogy can be translated to “do I wait for my internet connection to get their act together because I’ve invested money on them already” OR “do I terminate my ISP contract and move on to an ISP that won’t give me cockblockerry”. Obviously, it’s not a managerial decision to be made, just a simple one. You ditch the ISP and move.

The problem is even if you’re well capable of ditching the ISP, you’re still bound under contract and you’re going to get hurt with the surcharges for the pretermination.

Cat Blocked
Also, in real life not everything can be resolved by a basic managerial decision.  Things that have been cockblocking you might be dear to you. You don’t just lay down the law if they unintentionally cockblocks you. Obviously, you’ll wait . the same energy you have obviously went to dust upon blockage, but you’d still wait even after you rummage through the car crash of what’s left of your enthusiasm. But who can blame you?

I guess the bottom line is that it’s the only appropriate response to cockblockerry. It’s more a question ‘how do you respond to a cockblock response’. The challenge is to find something to draw enthusiasm and energy again. As demoralizing cockblocking can be, there’s always something else to draw enthusiasm from, hopefully greater than the motivation itself. We don’t know what that motivation is yet, but I’d sure like to find out one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment